5/10/10

We're Expecting

After a long anticipated wait we conceived naturally after 2 years of serious trying.  God is faithful to All his promises (Psalms 145:13) and has answered our fervent prayers.

God's timing is perfect! He gave us our precious gift 6 days after closing on our first house. Quite the surprise! We found out we were pregnant on Easter, April 4th, 2010 and if everything goes as planned we will be celebrating Christmas with our new addition this year. 

So how did we get here?
All I can say is that I have learned that God truly is in control. Chris and I started looking at fertility options back in November 2009 and were supposed to start our first round of fertility drugs in April, but since we were soon to be closing on our house and moving we decided to put those options on hold until this summer so I could focus on moving. I also knew that fertility treatments would mean we would have to miss a lot of work to make appointments. Something we just did not have at the time. God however, had a different plan for us and despite all the obstacles that faced us. He once again chose to show us His faithfulness to us, and how much we could really trust in Him for the desires of our heart. God didn't bless us with a child because of anything we did to deserve it, but because He is good, because He is faithful, because He hears the cries of his children and cares. I don't think I will fully understand why God made us wait, for a child, but I do know that it was worth the waiting. That God had/has a purpose in it, that his timing is perfect and He knows what He is doing. One way God is speaking to me about the perfection in His timing is that, Chris and I had a house before we had the baby, although this isn't a necessary thing, it is a helpful thing as we have room to grow. Secondly, Chris and I found out we were pregnant on April 4th, and this day is so significant to us because it is the same day that Chris and I began courting in 2004, and Chris proposed in 2005. Finally, the baby is due during the Christmas season, and financially this is going to be a huge blessing come tax season. This too, God planned perfectly as He knew we would need this financial help with the blessing of a child. Things in my life have certainly not turned out how I expected or planned them, but one thing is certian; everything has turned out better then I could have ever planned or expected. I could not have asked for better, despite all the trials, God truly was preparing me for what lies ahead. Thank You Jesus! I can't wait to see what other things he has in store. 

Here is our little peanut. 

We are very Blessed

Love,
The Harings

No comments: